Ethically-Sourced Spring Break Essentials
With spring break in full swing and summer hopefully just around the corner, I wanted to put together a little round-up of ethically-sourced beach essentials. I think it seems difficult at times to find items that are made with sustainable or recycled materials, or promote fair wages, but by putting in a little effort we are use our buying power to make a positive impact in the world.
- Stonewashed Turkish Towel | Casa Verde - $54: This stonewashed towel is ultra-soft and super absorbent made of premium hand-combed Turkish cotton. It is perfect for the beach or pool and can even be used as a scarf.
- Ontario Wood Sunglasses | Proof - $90: These stylish specs are crafted from sustainably-sourced wood, are engraved with the quote "Don't forget your roots" and a portion of each sale is donated to non-profits around the globe.
- Gray and White Maria Bikini | Underprotection - $146: This grey bikini has gorgeous white embroidery and is made of super soft recycled polyester certified by the Fair Wear Foundation. Tassels on the ties add a fun detail and you can rest easy knowing it was produced in India in accordance with fair trade standards.
- Mika Hat | Mar Y Sol - $98: The wire brim makes this hat great for travel and sun protection and the organic leather tie is the perfect distinguishing accent. Handmade in Madagascar.
- Bel Nanm Sandals | Deux Mains - $65: Designed by supermodel Heide Lindgren, these unique sandals will turn heads. Bel Nanm means “beautiful soul” in Haitian Creole, and describes the beautiful souls who used their two hands to create these sandals out of upcycled tires and locally sourced leather. I especially love the Caribbean Blue color!
- Piers Kimono Cape | Plaj Towels - SALE! $52.24: This kimono-style cover-up is tailored from Turkish hand-loomed towels. Great for lounging on the beach or by the pool or even over a tank and cutoffs.
- Bolga Basket Tote | Casa Verde - SALE! $38: Our Bolga Basket Tote perfectly combines modern African design with functionality. Head to the beach or market with everything you need, this beautiful Ghanaian tote can also be used for storage of items like books and magazines when not with you on-the-go.
- Ylang Ylang and Tuberose Lip Balm Stick | Beekman 1802 - $8: Perfect for both women and men, it's an exotic and sophisticated scent packed with goat milk, shea butter and beeswax - plus no petroleum like most lip balms.