Go Green for St. Paddy's Day
I love St. Paddy's Day! It is a good reason to get together with friends, watch a parade and drink a few pints. In Chicago we even turn the river green! I wanted to do a little round-up of some of my favorite green items from "green" makers. Oh, I also love a good pun.
- Dichroa Ring | Oru - from $85: I have loved Oru's clean lines and woven bead jewelry ever since Travis surprised me with one of their necklaces for my birthday. Made with woven glass seed beads and either bronze or sterling silver.
- Infinity Scarf in Indigo and Teal | Anchal Project - $60: This gorgeous scarf is handcrafted from layers of overdyed cotton saris and held together with a Kantha stitch. Every purchase provides an artisan with a full-time job, health care benefits, design training, and educational workshops.
- Rosette Succulent | Fairyblooms - $8: This cute little guy would be perfect on a window sill or next to your bed in a little pot. Love the hint of pink in the tips.
- Gaby Ballet Flat | The Root Collective - $98: These bright kelly green flats will spruce up any outfit, and you can feel comfortable knowing that The Root Collective provides ethical working conditions for all of their makers in Guatemala.
- Payla Slub Tee in Darkest Spruce | Amour Vert - $48: The perfect cotton slub layering tee in a fresh dark green hue constructed from Amour Vert's signature, super soft modal fabric. Proudly made in the USA.
- Small Hunter Satchel in Moss | Peg and Awl - $114: Constructed from wax canvas, leather from WWII gunslings and vintage fabric from the late 1800s, Peg and Awl's Hunter Satchel is the perfect cross-body bag for carrying all your essentials in style.
- Block Printed Tea Towel in Green | Yobel Markets - $14: Each tea towel has been made with care by girls rescued from sex trafficking in India. Individually sewn and block printed, every girl is given a skill and employment to help them start a new life. These towels are 100% cotton and would brighten up any kitchen.
- Detox Bath Salts | Herbivore Botanicals - $18: The perfect solution when you celebrated with a few too many pints the night before. Herbivore Botanical's Detox Bath Salts are formulated to remove toxins and clear your mind using a blend of lavender and eucalyptus essential oils along with highly detoxifying Cambrian Blue clay. Made in small batches in the USA using only natural ingredients.