Gift Guide for the Host
With all the events that pop-up this time of year, it is nice to show your appreciate for the hard work your host has put into each get-together. While a bottle of wine is always a safe bet, I have put together a round-up of some creative options that are sure to make any host feel appreciated.
- Gatsby Napkin Set | Casa Verde - $32: Set of 4 elegant napkins blockprinted by hand with a floral motif in metallic gold ink. These napkins are sure to dress up any table setting from family dinner to New Year's Eve.
- Christmas Tree Mason Jar Candle | Brooklyn Candle Studio - $24: A cozy, aromatic blend of pine and spruce with rich base notes of cedarwood inspired by the most wonderful time of the year, this candle is made by a small company in New York and adds a festive air to any gathering.
- Tea Towel | Nourishing Notes - $16: Designed by a husband/wife team in Chicago, printed on unbleached cotton with water-based ink and full of beautiful sentiment.
- Baraka Cheese Board | Casa Verde - $40: Hand-carved from olive wood by artisans in Kenya and perfect for those last minute wine and cheese parties that end up being the most memorable.
- Santa Seasoning Salt | Beautiful Briny Sea - $8: Handmade in Atlanta using locally-sourced ingredients from growers guided by methods of sustainability, this seasoning salt is a delicious blend of rosemary and pink peppercorn.
- Floral Arrangement | Flowers for Dreams - $40-100: Who doesn't love to get flowers? Plus 25% of every purchase goes to support local charities and free hand delivery in Chicago.
- Orange Blossom Soap and Lotion Set | Hand In Hand Soap Company - $24: This all-natural soap and lotion set in luscious orange blossom will be right at home next to your host's kitchen sink. Plus for each set purchased Hand In Hand will donate a bar of soap and month of clean drinking water to a child in need.
Recipe Tin & Cards | Rifle Paper Company - $34: Have you ever seen a cuter way to hold cherished family recipes? The original artwork by Anna Bond adorns the metallic box and 12 letterpress dividers and 24 illustrated recipe cards come with it.